As a second generation family business, long-term sustainability is at the heart of what we do. We view sustainability not just as an environmental catch-cry but rather as way of doing business. Respect not just for the earth and our forests but also for our staff, our suppliers, our local communities and of course for our customer. We know that in all respects, what goes around comes around.
Our range includes only paper sourced from legal and responsible wood sources. In fact, 96% of our range has been third party certified by either the Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC®) or the Programme for the Endorsement of Forestry Certification (PEFC). We partner with paper suppliers who manufacture under environmental management systems that seek to minimise the manufacturing impact on air, water and energy use.
If you’d like to talk about paper and sustainability, we’d love to chat. As you can imagine it’s something we’re pretty passionate about. Paper has had a bad wrap over the years. Perhaps rightly so, but the truth is the paper industry has been under the environmental spotlight for so long that it’s now actually one of the leading industries for environmental stewardship.
Here are some of the details from Two Sides Australia’s website:
- Since 1994 to 2010, Australia’s forestry plantations have doubled in size from about one million hectares to two millions hectares.
- In Victoria, the Maryvale Mill generates enough green energy to power the equivalent of 50,000 homes.
- There are approximately 30 respected certification schemes in existence which ensure the paper you buy comes from a sustainable forest source. The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC©) and the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC©) are two of the more prominent ones.
- The pulp and paper industry has reduced the emissions of CO2 per tonne of paper produced by 42% compared to 1990 and it’s down by 8% overall.
Paper like anything should be used as needed, not wasted. The big issue of our times is wastefulness and over consumption. So please, we encourage you to recycle all paper based products after use. They can be thrown back into the mix 8 times after the initial use, keeping the paper love going for years to come. K.W.Doggett Fine Paper is a member of the Australian Packaging Covenant. A sustainable packaging initiative that aims to encourage business to design more sustainable packaging, increase recycling rates and reduce packaging litter.
Our sustainability aim:
- To work with Australian and international paper mills that have environmental management systems in place, that meet or exceed the standards of internationally recognised accreditation systems. These systems organise and achieve continual improvement in aspects such as energy efficiency, waste reduction and pollution control.
- To source and supply products that meet or exceed environmental and social standards and that also meet our customers’ print requirements.
- Increasing supply of FSC, PEFC, carbon neutral, post and pre consumer waste fibre and recycled stocks.
- To continually motivate and educate staff and other stakeholder groups, to consider the environment and ensure that they are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to understand and communicate environmental information.
- To provide up-to-date, clear and transparent environmental and technical information about our product range to staff, customers and stakeholders.